Save the DateThe 2013 DC State Fair will be held Saturday, September 28th. We are delighted to be hosted once again by the Barrack's Row Fall Festival!
Donate to the DC State Fair!
- RT @DCgreenery: Plan ahead and learn all about canning your veggies from @missladybuggarden -- ow.ly/jAjl5 #diy #craft #gardenin… 2 days ago
- For those interested in growing sweet potatoes, am happy to report I purchased some at Home Depot yesterday.... fb.me/1ZkKUCnyD 6 days ago
- This Saturday! nativeplantsale.org. fb.me/1bZLKP5at 6 days ago
- @TommyWells @aaronwiener @stephlatkinson @mindymoretti We're growing toward that (with a little help from some friends!) 1 week ago
- RT @TommyWells: @aaronwiener @stephlatkinson @mindymoretti I understand we have a state fair. We should make it a bigger celebration of all… 1 week ago
Author Archives: michaeldurante
Back on May 5th, DC State Fair sponsored a seedling swap at the 14th & U Farmers’ Market. Novice and experienced gardens came together to trade seedlings and tips for making them grow. Do you think those tips worked? Check … Continue reading
Our friends at Brainfood recently spent an evening preserving cucumbers and squash from their new garden in Mt. Vernon Square. Brainfood, an after-school program for high school students, uses food as a tool to build life skills in a fun … Continue reading
Are you thinking of entering a pie in one of the 2012 DC State Fair competitions? Well, I hope you got started last September, because that’s when last year’s pie-making contender, Ninette Dean, began planning her comeback. She walked home … Continue reading
Wendy Caron and Mark Perry are not your typical DC urban gardeners. In their large plot at Blair Road Community Garden near Fort Totten, they grow potatoes, garlic, beans, salad greens, asparagus, cucumbers, squash, beets, carrots, onions, berries, cherries, herbs, … Continue reading