The 2013 DC State Fair contests are opening now. Read on for more information and a list of contests with links to entry forms. Each entry form includes exhibitor guidelines and deadlines.
Best of luck to all exhibitors and we’ll see you at the Fair on September 28!
Click on each contest title for more information and an online entry form. Deadlines listed are by midnight unless otherwise noted. Sign up for our newsletter to receive updates about these competitions and other DC State Fair news.
- Homebrew Contest (five subcategories plus best in show) Entry Deadline September 22
- Photography Contest Entry Deadline September 21
- Kids’ Art Contest No Entry Deadline
- Kids’ Poetry Contest Entry Deadline September 25, 4 PM
- Honey Contest No Entry Deadline
Baked Goods Contests
- Pie Contest (best overall plus best crust, best apple pie, and best savory) Entry Deadline September 14
- Cupcake Contest (best overall plus most creative use of ingredients as well as best frosting, cake, vegan cupcake, cupcake with alternative natural sweeteners, and presentation)
Entry Deadline September 22
- Sewing Contest Entry Deadline September 21, 1 PM
- Knit and Crochet Contest Entry Deadline September 22, 5 PM
- Bike Accessory Contest Entry Deadline September 26
- Hats for Newborns No Entry Deadline
Vegetable and Fruit Contests
- Funkiest-Looking Vegetable Contest No Entry Deadline
- Longest Vegetable Contest No Entry Deadline
- Heaviest Vegetable Contest No Entry Deadline
- Heaviest Fruit Contest No Entry Deadline
- Tastiest Tomato Contest – this event has already been held
Prepared Foods Contests
- Pickled Foods Contest Entry Deadline September 20
(best overall plus best cucumber, other vegetable and fruit pickle)
- Jam & Jelly Contest Entry Deadline September 20
- Fermented Vegetable Contest (sauerkraut, kimchi, etc.) Entry Deadline September 22
What are the prizes?
Each first, second, and third place winner will receive ribbons and small cash prizes. Some contests will also have special sponsored prizes.
Can I sponsor a contest?
We welcome businesses and organizations to sponsor contests. Fair vendor spots are also available. Interested? Contact email@example.com.